Quick-Cook Lentil Stew
This Quick-Cook Lentil Stew is a fine winter warmer. Taking only 15 minutes to make and packed with fibre, complex carbs, protein and most importantly – flavour!… You can’t go wrong.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder or chilli flakes (if you like it hot)
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 fresh tomatoes, chopped roughly
- 4 portions chopped frozen spinach
- 250 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 200g cooked chicken
Let’s do this
- Add the olive oil to a medium size pan (that has a lid) and saute the chopped onion over a medium to high heat for about 2 minutes
- Add the garlic, chopped tomatoes, smoked paprika, herbs and chilli to the pan with the onion and saute for a further 2 minutes
- Add the drained lentils, stock, ketchup and frozen spinach to the pan and simmer for 3 minutes
- Add the cooked chicken to the pan, place the lid on top and simmer for a further 3 minutes (make sure the chicken is heated thoroughly)
- Serve and enjoy!
About James Staring
James Staring is a personal trainer based in Clapham. James focuses on building the best version of you and inspiring you to new levels of health and fitness – regardless of your current ability or age.
James provides personalised nutrition coaching through MY EATING COACH. This on-line program is designed with a series of small steps to make lasting change in your eating habits.
James is always keen to share the tools he uses to assist clients in achieving their goals and has featured in publications such as Your Fitness, Healthy and Hello! magazines.