Here’s a really fast and delicious way to use up those Christmas day left overs, Christmas Quesadilla.
Of course you can substitute the ingredients with whatever you fancy that you have left over in your fridge. For me though, the one stipulation is that cheese absolutely must be included. It holds the quesadilla together and that practical reason makes a great excuse to enjoy some gooey cheese goodness!
- 1/2 cup cooked turkey chopped or 1/2 cup black beans for a vegetarian version
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1 tomato chopped finely
- 1 spring onion chopped finely
- 1/2 bell pepper chopped finely
- Tobasco sauce (if you like it hot)
Let’s do this
- Place a tortilla in a frying pan large
- On one half of the tortilla firstly sprinkle a little cheese and then half of the turkey/beans, tomatoes, pepper and spring onion
- Sprinkle over a final layer of cheese (I find that if I sprinkle cheese on the bottom and the top, it holds the quesadilla together nicely)
- Add a few drops of Tabasco sauce if using and then fold over
- Cook the quesadilla over a medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side
- When the cheese has melted and the tortilla has toasted, remove from the pan, slice into 4-5 portions and enjoy!
About James Staring
James Staring is a personal trainer based in Clapham. James focuses on building the best version of you and inspiring you to new levels of health and fitness – regardless of your current ability or age.
James provides personalised nutrition coaching through MY EATING COACH. This on-line program is designed with a series of small steps to make lasting change in your eating habits.
James is always keen to share the tools he uses to assist clients in achieving their goals and has featured in publications such as Your Fitness, Healthy and Hello! magazines.