No-Bake Protein Bars
These Homemade No-Bake Protein Bars are packed with omega 3s and are really simple to make.
Makes 30 servings
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup protein powder (we used salted caramel flavour). Use more seeds instead if preferred
- 1/2 cup ground linseeds
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa butter or coconut oil
- Few drops of stevia
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g dark chocolate
Let’s do this
- Place nuts, seeds, dessicated coconut, peanut butter and salt in a food processor and blend.
- Empty the contents of the blender into a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the cocoa butter/coconut oil over low heat.
- Add the stevia and vanilla extract to the melted cocoa butter/coconut oil and give it a stir.
- Add the melted coconut oil mixture to the bowl with the blended ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Press the mixture down flat into a square dish.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the mixture in the dish.
- Place the dish in the fridge for a few hours to chill.
- Cut into squares and serve. (Depending on the size of your dish, aim for about 30 servings as these are very rich in good fats and also flavour).
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
About James Staring
James Staring is a personal trainer based in Clapham. James focuses on building the best version of you and inspiring you to new levels of health and fitness – regardless of your current ability or age.
James provides personalised nutrition coaching through MY EATING COACH. This on-line program is designed with a series of small steps to make lasting change in your eating habits.
James is always keen to share the tools he uses to assist clients in achieving their goals and has featured in publications such as Your Fitness, Healthy and Hello! magazines.